Ultra concentrated calcium and carbonate hardness for advanced reef aquarists
With Tropic Marin® CARBOCALCIUM, the total calcium and carbonate hardness needs of a typical reef aquarium can be covered with a single solution, without any additional unwanted compounds or excess carbon dioxide being created.
Minerals are consumed through the growth of organisms and other processes in the aquarium and must therefore be supplemented regularly. These include mainly calcium and carbonate hardness elements for the growth of the calcareous skeletons of stony corals, red coralline algae and other reef organisms. The special co-ordinated components in CARBOCALCIUM create an ideal environment with only a single solution.
Tropic Marin® CARBOCALCIUM avoids all the side effects of other methods of calcium hardness: the pH remains stable; there is no excess CO2 and there is no risk of unwanted phosphates being introduced through dissolution of coral rubble. In addition, there is neither a creeping increase in salinity, nor increased oxygen consumption through carbon compounds.
- For the first time, the calcium and carbonate supply is possible with only a single solution.
- Every day, a few ml of highly concentrated solution are enough to cover the entire calcium and carbonate hardness needs.
- Suitable for all aquarium sizes.
- No formation of by-products (e.g. sodium chloride); the salinity and the ion balance are not altered.
- No formation of excess carbon dioxide.
- Suitable for an aquarium stocked with soft corals, LPS, SPS and/or other filter feeders.
- Easy to apply – suitable both for manual dosing and for dosing pumps.
Tropic Marin® CARBOCALCIUM contains organic calcium salts.
1000 ml CARBOCALCIUM contain 40,000 mg calcium and 5,600 °carbonate hardness.
Application and dosage
Start with a daily dose of 5 ml of CARBOCALCIUM per 100 litres (26 US-gal) of aquarium system volume. Increase the daily dosage – by continuous monitoring of alkalinity – weekly by 2.5 ml per 100 litres (26 US-gal) of aquarium system volume, until a constant carbonate hardness of 7 to 9 °dH is reached. At the same time, check the calcium concentration in the aquarium - it should be between 400-440 mg/l.
Do not exceed a maximum daily dose of 25 ml of CARBOCALCIUM per 100 litres (26 US-gal) of aquarium system volume.
Other product recommendations
To further intensify the colour of the corals, we recommend the trace elements solutions PRO-CORAL K+ ELEMENTS and PRO-CORAL A- ELEMENTS from Tropic Marin®.
The very accurate, straightforward Tropic Marin® water tests KH/ALKALINITY-TEST and MAGNESIUM/CALCIUM-COMBITEST are suited for checking the quality of the water and the essential parameters.