Extremely rapid and highly-effective phosphate remover
Excessive concentrations of phosphates in the water can lead to strong algae growth and a reduction in the growth of corals and aquatic plants. This is why it is important to monitor the phosphate concentration in an aquarium regularly and maintain the level in the optimum range for the organisms. The optimum range of the phosphate levels in seawater is from 0.02 to 0.15 mg/l and in reef aquaria from 0.02 to 0.1 mg/l. An accumulation of phosphates in aquarium water from various sources (food, food supplements, coral fissure) sometimes makes it necessary to take rapid action to bring the phosphate concentration back down to the recommended level.
ELIMI-PHOS RAPID is a highly-effective solution on the basis of Lanthanum which binds phosphates rapidly and eliminates them from the water, efficiently reducing the phosphate concentration can be lowered quickly to a range between 0.2 – 0.4 mg/l (ppm). The water quality is improving rapidly; corals shine in new colors and grow stronger.
• Extremely rapid removing of high phosphate concentration
• Highly-effective solution on the basis of Lanthanum
• Phosphate concentration can be lowered quickly to a range between 0.2 – 0.4 mg/l (ppm)
How to use:
500 ml of ELIMI-PHOS RAPID bind up to 5 g of phosphates, i.e. adding 10 ml to a 100 l / 26 US-gal. aquarium reduces the phosphate concentration by up to 1 mg/l.
Measure the phosphate concentration in your aquarium and then calculate the required amount of ELIMI-PHOS RAPID. We recommend reducing the phosphate concentration by no more than 0.1 mg/l per day, i.e. by adding a maximum of 1 ml of ELIMI-PHOS RAPID to 100 l / 25 US-gal. water volume.
Note: All organisms require traces of phosphate; 0.00 mg/l (ppm) of phosphate in an aquarium does not suffice. The optimum range of the phosphate levels in seawater is from 0.02 to 0.15 mg / l and in reef aquaria from 0.02 to 0.1 mg / l.
Phosphate reduction treatment is most effective in tanks with a skimmer or a mechanical filter which will completely remove the flocculated phosphate from the system. A dropwise addition using a dosing pump would be optimal.
The following considerations should be borne in mind:
1. Phosphate reduction has no known adverse effects. Should you observe any signs of stress in individual organisms, however, you should stop the treatment for 1 – 2 days or until the symptoms have disappeared and then continue with half the recommended dose.
2. Keep an eye on the carbonate hardness as occasionally it can drop slightly. If it does drop, use Tropic Marin® TRIPLE-BUFFER to restore the carbonate hardness to its original level.
3. All organisms need a very small amount of phosphate; 0.00 mg/l is not an advisable level for an aquarium. ELIMI-PHOS RAPID should therefore not be used to excess.
If you want to reduce the concentration further and stabilize it at consistently low levels then we recommend following up this treatment with phosphate adsorber.