Coral Protec is a great substitute for reefers who doesn’t have a quarantine tank setup. It is a quick and easy method for expelling all sorts of aquarium pests before you place your precious coral(s) into your aquarium. This simple process is a commonly looked over step in the acclimation process that can often leads to huge problems.
Corals come usually right out of the ocean whether they are maricultured or wild caught. When the corals are shipped to the local fish store, they are not treated for pests. It is up to the store to properly quarantine and dip all incoming livestock, which rarely happens. It is very likely that the coral you purchase either has pests, or has at the very least been in the same aquarium with other infested corals. And there is a whole multitude of coral pests that find their way into the store or your aquarium.
Prevention is the keyword here. Once a pest has managed to get in your aquarium, it’s very difficult to eradicate them totally. Following the simple procedure of Coral Protec should put you in a better position to avoid pests in your aquarium.Coral Protec is a Proprietary aqueous solution of Chloroxylenol and a proprietary blend of Natural Extracts. It doesn’t contain iodine. Coral Protec is effective in expelling the following parasites: Acropora Eating Flatworms (AEFW), Montipora Eating Nudibranchs, Zoanthid Eating Spiders, Red Flatworms and performs very well in the treatment of Rapid Tissue Necrosis (RTN), Slow Tissue Necrosis (STN) and Bacterial Infection. It may be used prophylactically (without evidence of disease / prevention) or to remedy diseased specimens.
Coral Protec is available in 20ml and as 1ml shot.
Procedure / instruction:
· Keep out of reach and sight of children.
· Avoid skin contact, wear suitable gloves. In case of skin contact, wash with plenty of water.
· If swallowed, wash out mouth and drink plenty of water or milk. Consult your doctor and take the bottle / instructions with you.
· If contact is made with eyes, wash thoroughly with cold water. Consult your doctor and take the bottle / instruction with you.
· Shake bottle well before use. This product includes oils which will settle out with time.
· Never add Coral Protec directly into the aquarium.
· Make sure the water in the container has the correct temperature
· Add 0,5 ml (syringe included in the 20ml packaging) of Coral Protec per 1 liter of saltwater from the aquarium in a separate container. Mix well. For additional potency, freshwater dip can be used. Be careful and buffer the pH values to match your aquarium water when performing a freshwater dip !
· Use a small powerhead to keep the water moving and place the coral in the container. If you do not have a powerhead, gently shake the coral in the dip.
· Keep the coral in the dip for 2-5 minutes depending on severity of problem. Observe the coral during treatment for evidence of adverse reactions such as excessive sliming.
· After 2-5 minutes, remove the coral and discard the dip. Rinse coral with clean aquarium water and place it in the aquarium
· Do not reuse the coral dip, as expelled creatures whilst dipping may release toxins.
· Clean syringe and / or container with freshwater after usage.